Falcon X301 Privacy Knob Lock
- Privacy lock—Latch bolt by knobs.
- Outside knob locked by push button in inside knob.
- Rotating inside knob or closing door releases push button.
- Emergency release in outside knob.
- Emergency Release Tool 001423-001-30.
Features and Benefits
• All locksets and latchsets shall meet Grade 1 requirements of ANSI/BHMA 156.2, Series 4000.
• Locksets and latchsets shall be UL Listed for use on 3 hour A Label doors.
• Locksets and latchsets shall have 3-1/4” diameter round roses.
• Knobs shall be .050” minimum thickness.
• There shall be no exposed screws on trim.
• Locksets and latchsets shall have threaded collars for easy door thickness adjustment on both sides of lock.
• Cylinders shall have a minimum of 6 active pin chambers and shall be furnished with 2 nickel silver keys.
• Locksets shall have 6-pin (or 7-pin) interchangeable cores.
Acceptable manufacturer: FALCON LOCK
Backset: 2-3/4” standard. 2-3/8” also available.
Mechanism: Parts constructed of brass or cold formed steel, zinc plated and dichromated for rust resistance. Springs are stainless steel. XC Series available with all internal parts of stainless steel or other nonferrous materials.
Attachment: Locks secured to door by threaded collars. Inner collar tightened by special wrench furnished with each lock. Outer rose contains locking plate to prevent unauthorized removal.
Handing: Specify hand of door when ordering. Field reversible.
Cylinders: Drilled with 6-pin chambers, pinned in 5. Pinning in 6 chambers available when specified, at no cost. 7-pin cylinders available in Hana design. Cylinder assemblies removable to rekey or change hand of lock. Also available with 6 or 7-pin interchangeable core cylinders–Elite and Troy designs. Cylinder housings and plugs machined from solid brass. Springs are phosphor bronze. Two nickel silver keys furnished standard.
Keyways: “G” keyway standard on standard cylinders. “A” keyway standard on I/C core cylinders. Also available with other keyways and some competitor keyways. See pages 9-10.
Trim: Roses are heavy wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel, installed over wrought steel reinforcing plates. Knobs are brass, bronze or stainless steel secured by a steel knob retainer which cannot be depressed when lock has been locked. See individual designs on pages 5-6 for details.
Latches: 9/16” bolt projection, UL Listed for A-label applications. Standard latch faceplates 2-1/4” x 1-1/8” with square corners to accommodate beveled or flat front doors. 3/4” projection, UL Listed latch with 2-3/4” backset also available.
Strikes: 4-7/8” x 1-1/4” ANSI strike with curved lip to meet ANSI A115.2 standard door frame preparation standard. Consult Options and Accessories section for other strike sizes and configurations.
Screws: Furnished with combination wood/machine screws for use in wood or metal doors and frames.
UL: 3 hour A label.